Wednesday 19 October 2016

The U-Turn Back Home

10/19:
Back in Sweden in the intellectual energy. I feel like I woke up from a dream or trance and got my brain back. My husband and I decided randomly to meet in Puerto Rico on the way home, so we spent literally all day calling and texting and booking flights and Air BnB. Challenging with the time difference, so when he was sleeping I was doing research and vice versa. I didn't even get dressed or shower until the evening, just sat on the couch in my PJ's since the moment I woke up. Funny, I was listening to Christina Aguilera's song "Infatuation" yesterday on the plane and she sings "Let him take me to Puerto Rico" and now we're going there!

I also planned and booked my trip to New York and leave on Monday already. Luckily I feel strong enough after the pneumonia to make the long journey back home and can walk quickly with a backpack no problem. I did so much internal work when I got sick and now that the body is catching up and reminding me of what it feels like to be physically strong again, I feel invincible and so appreciative of my health and spiritual growth.


10/20:
Took it easy today. Feels good to be back in a more familiar country before I continue traveling. After being on an island, Stockholm is a good warmup for NY, since it's a smaller city. Did my breathing exercises, watched "Friends" with my mom in the morning, we both took naps, went out for sushi and meditated with the Quakers for 30 minutes. So freakin' cold and grey! Happy to be getting out of here soon...


10/21:
Started the day watching "Friends" again. 


In the evening my mom and I went for a walk and I went to Liljeholmen and bought a new pair of shoes for the heels dance class I'll be taking from Yanis Marshall in NY. 


Then I went to the Blues Jam at Sankta Clara in Gamla Stan, but turned out it was more of a concert than a jam and it was too packed and stuffy, so I left and prioritized getting some more quality time with my mom.



10/22:
I went to a Quakers "Follow Your Life Path" workshop from 10 AM-4 PM. It was a really good experience. In the beginning I felt a little insecure around the people because I didn't know them and I was young in comparison. But once we started doing the exercises and opening up about our dilemmas, problems and life philosophies I felt more connected. I love how they incorporated so much silence, meditation and listening and slowed things down. We ate and worked together as a team in silence together, creating a feeling of unity and community without having the pressure to say anything, and allowing everyone to stay in their own contemplative internal state.


In the evening (the other) Isa came over for dinner. We had such a great time, the three of us, sharing stories about our travels. She's so inspiring - she's only 22 and takes any job and travels all over the world and goes for whatever she feels.


10/23:
I meditated in the morning for 15 minutes, then spent a lot of time booking my flight to go visit my best friend, Nicole in Santa Barbara after Puerto Rico. Unfortunately all the flights stopped in the East Coast, which is ridiculous, so I have to fly to Philadelphia first and it will be an 11 hour flight. Boo! The whole point of me stopping on the way to Maui was to not have to fly so much at once. Oh well... All the flights to Maui from Puerto Rico are the same way.

I vacuumed and cleaned the bathroom and then went to visit Anders and Jill to say goodbye since I'm leaving tomorrow. We had dinner and watched a short film called "The Egg", a philosophical movie about life and death. In the evening my mom and I watched "Friends" and ate pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment