Thursday 4 July 2019

The Long Trip



July 1st, 2019 at 10 AM, I started off by flying from Maui to Oahu, a short 40-minute flight. From there I hopped on to a 10-hour flight with Asiana Airlines from Oahu to Seoul, South Korea. For the first time in my life I flew business class! It made the whole experience so much more enjoyable and not torturous. I was served lots of good quality meals and drinks (appetizer, entree AND dessert), the Asians provide better customer service than any other culture I've experienced, I could lay down and sleep, I wasn't sitting next to anyone, there was plenty of space to move, easy restroom access... it actually felt more like being on a cruise ship! Being raised poor, it was hard for me at first to accept being pampered like that, but finally I gave in and just enjoyed the experience. 

Once I arrived in Seoul, I had the luxury of going to the Asiana Club business lounge during my two-hour layover, where they provide showers, massage chairs, food and refreshments. I got a feel for the Korean culture, very disciplined and together, almost a bit militant. Very similar to my Swedish culture.

The next flight was also business class, five hours from Seoul to Bangkok, Thailand. From there I took a shuttle to a nice hotel, BS Suvarnabhumi Residence (only $20 a night) and got to shower and get a good night's sleeeep after 19 hours of traveling.
Finally, July 3rd I flew to my final destination Chiang Mai, where my husband met me at the airport and we went to his big apartment that he has been leasing.



No comments:

Post a Comment