Saturday 6 July 2019

Venturing out into the World!

Well folks, I finally made it out the front door to explore the wonders of Chiang Mai! It really helps to have my husband here as an experienced tour guide. Riding around on a scooter, zooming through the traffic, is the fastest way to get through the city. Here, everyone drives on the left side of the road. I expected Thailand to be a crappy, ugly and polluted third world country, but it turns out there is a wide range of options from poor class to high class. The nice thing is you can live luxuriously for very cheap. If there's one thing I love, it's saving money! There are quite a few healthy cafés, customer service is on point and I love that there is so much green tropical vegetation. Rudeness and hostility does not exist in this culture. It is very muggy, but hasn't been too hot luckily. I got a Thai massage for the first time, it basically felt like I was getting beat up, but very relaxing. 

One thing I miss is the ocean. Back home in Maui I go to the beach almost every day. However, there is a really nice pool in our apartment building and a gym, so I won't let myself get fat during this two-month vacation. So far... what's not to like? 


Oh, and we've also been spending our time saving a bird that fell out of the nest onto our balcony. We named him Mr. Splits and we suspect his mama is still around feeding him because he is pooping a bunch! We provided shade for him, are giving him water and feeding him bread soaked in soup. He seems to be growing and getting stronger every day!
















No comments:

Post a Comment