Saturday 23 July 2016

Back in Stockholm

7/26:
Didn't do that much today. Slept until 12:30 PM! I didn't even go to bed that late last night.. I practiced the guitar and went out in the rain and did some shopping for my mom. We had dinner and I talked to my husband and then we packed because we are taking the train up to Skadom (the North of Sweden) tomorrow to see our relatives.

7/25: 
Super hot day! Went and had sushi at Mariatorget and it started pouring rain, which felt refreshing and exciting!



Then I walked to Medborgarplatsen and went to Söderhallarna and then met up with Isa (yes, another Isa). Our mom's have been friends our whole lives and we hadn't seen each other since we were kids. We went to Chutney and spent 2.5 hrs there. She's traveled a lot so I wanted to get some ideas and tips from her. Coincidentally, we ran into my mom's boyfriend too. 


Afterward, I met up with my mom at the Police Station at Rådhuset to renew my passport. Everything went really smooth and it'll be ready in a week. Then we went to Kronobergsparken in Fridhemsplan and my mom's boyfriend came too and we had dinner at Kafe Fix, Stockholm's oldest cafe. 


Walked most of the way home and then took the subway. I just love the fact that you can walk so much in Stockholm! I feel so free.




7/24: 
Woke up around 9 AM and went to an hour long Quaker meditation with mom. I didn't enjoy it that much and found it challenging to meditate. I felt drained by everyone's energy and had to take a nap when we came back. I felt very mental - I find that the Swedes are more up in their heads than in their hearts, and they are not as open and easy to connect with as Americans. After the nap, my mom's boyfriend came over and gave me another guitar lesson. I realized that if I pick up the guitar when he comes he can't help but correct me and show me something new, so I get a free lesson :) I called my husband (we were really starting to miss each other) and Nicole. I've been gone for a month now but it feels longer. Then we had dinner and made apple crisp and watched "The Aristocats".



7/23: Woke up late again at 11:30 AM! Really need to break this pattern of going to bed so late. Went and had sushi with mom in Mariatorget and then to Nackareservatet. 

I always had a thing for statues when I was little so we took a picture with my old friend in the subway.





We were attacked by mosquitoes on the way to the lake. My mom went for a swim, but I thought the water looked gross. Visited my uncle and his wife afterward, who were painting their living room. 





Took the bus home and went to bed at 11 PM.


7/22: 
Woke up late again at 10:45 AM. Had breakfast with my mom outside and went to Manhem's Cafe while she took a nap and used the WiFi to call Nicole and my husband and update my blog. Did some grocery shopping on the way home and bought my mom some roses.


Made dinner and then her boyfriend came over for a bit and I played my father's guitar (who passed away in 2012). His guitar inspires me to play because I feel like he would have wanted that and I can channel his creativity through it.



Then we went for a walk, baked apple pie and watched my mom's favorite TV show. Didn't get to bed until 1 AM. Feels nice to back in my mom's apartment since it was my home when I went to High School.


No comments:

Post a Comment