Saturday 9 July 2016

Providence & New York City

I am currently at JFK waiting to board my flight to Sweden after getting a pedicure in a massage chair at the airport. I haven't even had time to blog, because I've been too busy having fun!


I have now experienced Rhode Island (4 days) and New York (3 days). 

Saturday 7/2, Nicole picked me up in Providence and we went straight to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. (The food was good, but I actually wasn't that impressed with the cheesecake). 



We were so to happy to reunite because we met in Maui and quickly became very close and then she decided to move back to California. I was so tired and jet lagged, so I took a 3-hr nap and then we watched "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". I got to meet her dad and stay in his huge condo, which we had all to ourselves with our own rooms and bathrooms, because he was out on his boat all the time. I really loved Providence and the climate was more humid than BC and warmer - just perfect.
Sunday 7/3, we did the Cliff Walk and went berry picking and saw Jamestown's firework show in the evening, but it was pretty lame.








On Independence Day, we went out on her dad's ship called "the Tree of Life" and I bellydanced and Nicole and I sang, while her dad accompanied us on guitar.

https://youtu.be/Lg2bX1gSg9M

We watched Newport's INCREDIBLE half hour-long firework show on the boat and the sunset was epic!






Tuesday 7/5, we got a free personal training session and at 5:30 PM took the mega bus to NYC. It took 4.5 hours. I didn't realize I'd be THAT excited!! New York's been on my bucket list since I was a kid.



New York was so exciting and such a fun experience AND I was happy to get out of that jungle! We saw two Broadway shows: "Aladdin" and "The Color Purple" (the highlight of our trip and it made us both cry!), I took three dance classes at Broadway Dance Center, we spent a couple hours in Central Park and ate good food (especially at Saffron Indian Cuisine). We had so much fun goofing off in our hotel room at the Manhattan at Times Square, which was conveniently located. The city was so huge and overwelming. So fun at night but hot in the day... Maui has too few options and NY has too many options!

Broadway Dance Center
Saffron Indian Cuisine
Broadway!

The Sephora Store

The M&M store

The Disney Store

View from our hotel room on the 20th floor

New York pizza
Central Park

Parting ways at the hotel :(
My adventure has been perfect so far and I'm just getting started!

No comments:

Post a Comment